||Links below are in PDF format. You will need Acrobat Reader to view. Click icon to the left to download.
- Driving force behind having the U.S. Federal Courthouse in Alton, Illinois named in honor of Judge William L. Beatty, a beloved judge in the Southern District of Illinois. See the article (PDF) from The Alton Telegraph.
- Organized, hosted and provided the following seminars for federal criminal defense attorneys:
- How to WIN a Federal Criminal Case, 11/09/01.
See brochure (PDF)
- A Practitioner’s Road Map to Practicing in the Southern District of Illinois, 05/10/02.
- Going to WAR with the Government in the 21st Century, 01/16/03. See brochure (PDF)
- White Collar Federal Criminal Law: How to Avoid the “Perp” Walk, 10/10/03. See brochure (PDF)
- Blakely v. Washington, 07/23/04. See brochure (PDF)
- Round Table Discussion on Federal Criminal Practice, 06/10/05. See brochure (PDF)
- Terry MacCarthy Seminar, 09/28/06 and 09/29/06.
See brochure (PDF)
- Advanced Criminal Law Seminar, 11/20/08 and
- Organized and co hosted dinners in honor of the
late Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. for members of the
federal judiciary, U.S. Attorneys Offices, Local
prosecutors and criminal defense bars in the Southern
District of Illinois and Eastern District of
- Cosponsor of the prestigious Silver Gavel Award
given to an individual who shows dedication to
- Leading member of the Criminal Justice Act Panels for the Southern District of Illinois and Eastern District of Missouri
- Life Member of National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Former board member of the Illinois Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Recipient of Certificate of Appreciation for work done on CJA Panel
- Member of Southern District of Illinois committee to retain Magistrate Gerald Cohn
- Member of selection committee which culminated in the appointment of Magistrate Donald Wilkerson in the Southern District of Illinois
|STOBBS LAW OFFICES
307 Henry Street, Suite 211
Alton, Illinois 62002
John D. Stobbs, II
Attorney at Law
Licensed in Illinois & Missouri
Criminal Law & Federal Criminal Law
PHONE: (618) 462-8484
FAX: (618) 462-8585
Click here to email us.